Home Forums Peter’s Forum Signing contracts/release forms

Signing contracts/release forms

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Peter Russell 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Harker Jones
    Participant

A management company is asking me to sign a (fairly) generic release form and I’m wondering if I should sign with my legal or pen name. I’m going to legally change my name but haven’t done so yet. Is the document invalid if I sign with my pen name?? Thx!

Peter Russell
    Keymaster

Hey, Harker,
    Well I’m not gonna pretend I don’t know you and think the world of your talent — you are working right now on a fabulous horror movie that you’ve
    really supercharged — but yes, the question is a good one and what’s cool is you can ask the WGA (Writer’s Guild of America) your question! The west coast branch is super helpful, even if you’re not a Guild member — just call them at – 1 800 548 4532 – and they can answer your question. The WGA is a great source for all kinds of info — I use them all the time. Good luck!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

About Peter Russell Movie&TV Script Doctor

Think of me as a writer, teacher and story consultant with over 15 years experience working with studios. From this experience, I have developed a great class list that focuses on many areas in the business. Peter Russell Script Doctor offers a large variety of classes, so be sure to check back often to see if there is an offering for you. Find Out More...
© PETER RUSSELL SCRIPT DOCTOR. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.